A man on oxygen was killed in a house fire with several explosions Thursday morning, according to the St. Tammany Fire District No. 1.
According to the fire department, a home in the 100 block of Ranch Road in Slidell caught fire and was fully engulfed.
The fire was taken under control in 12 minutes, according to the fire department.
Fire Department officials said an elderly man using oxygen was found dead inside the home.
Neighbors called 911 to report the fire, and reported hearing the explosions.
The fire remains under investigation.